Rheinmetall And Defence IQ To Conduct Live Anti-Air Missile Demonstration In Zurich
LONDON, April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
In Zurich this May, Defence IQ's Integrated Air and Missile Defence 2012 event is providing a special opportunity to military and industry professionals to see a live demonstration of air defence systems and meet senior officers at the Swiss Air Force Air Defence HQ in Emmen.
As attendees of the conference, a pre-discussion focus day on May 9 th will afford delegates VIP access to the Rheinmetall Air Defence testing ground at Oschenboden to see the cutting-edge technology on offer up close and in action.
In an interview with Defence IQ, chairman Colonel Fabian Ochsner, Head of Ground Based Air Defence for the Swiss Air Force and Vice President of Product Management at Rheinmetall Air Defence, revealed details about the demo (listen to the interview at http://bit.ly/Imy29n )."The demonstration that we will be seeing at the Rheinmetall Firing Range focuses around the ammunition technology that has managed to get us into the new world, to change the paradigm of how gun-based air defence operates," said Ochsner. "The new way is to engage ordnance rather than platforms, to really close in on a specific point and [destroy] anything in the air that's incoming. Attendees will be able to see the function and lethality of Rheinmetall's AHEAD ammunition. It will really be an interesting demonstration of how this type of operation can be managed." Referring to the wider domain and its probable direction over the coming years, Ochsner said that forces will need to focus on upgrading what they have as much as emerging equipment. "The adaptability of a programme to respond to the threats we see today and tomorrow is very hard to do. It burns down to analysis and intelligence to see what capabilities may be used in ten years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV