Pan American Silver Corporation Stock Downgraded (PAAS)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PAAS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.35, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP is rather high; currently it is at 53.30%. Regardless of PAAS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PAAS's net profit margin of 44.70% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- PAAS's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 52.36%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts