LONDON, April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Getting your hands on The FA Cup might be easier than you think, as a new app brings the official trophy to virtual 3D life.
FA Cup sponsor Budweiser has teamed up with Aurasma, the world's leading augmented reality platform, to put the trophy in the hands of fans across the UK.
The Budweiser Man of the Match app, which already allows football fans to vote for their Man of the Match, browse upcoming fixtures and access match stats in real time, has added the augmented reality function ahead of the semi finals in its quest to bring The FA Cup closer to fans.
Smartphone and tablet users simply point their device at promotional Budweiser beer mats to see The FA Cup magically appear in 3D, custom created with the official trophy – video available here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bLfD6YPppcIain Newell, Budweiser European Marketing Director, comments: "Part of Budweiser's mission as FA Cup sponsor is to bring the famous trophy closer to the fans. The collaboration with Aurasma literally puts the trophy in the hands of football fans across the world and builds added anticipation for the final stages of the competition." Martina King, Managing Director at Aurasma, comments: "We're delighted to partner with Budweiser in the lead up to one of the world's great sporting occasions. By integrating Aurasma's cutting edge technology, the app brings to life the magic of The FA Cup in an entirely new way. Finally, fans can get their hands on some silverware, whether or not their team performs on the day!" The Budweiser Man of the Match app can be downloaded for free at the Apple App Store and at Google Play (formerly Android Marketplace). The app is available to consumers aged 18 and above.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV