Cirrus Logic (CRUS) is a fabless semiconductor company that specializes in analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits. Applications for Cirrus Logic's products span audio, industrial and energy end users. The audio technologies are used in MP3 players, smartphones, laptops and tablets. All of these are growing markets.
Revenue is expected to grow about 15% for the fiscal year ended March 2012 and then 12% in the following year. Earnings are expected to increase nearly 19% in the next year. The company carries no debt and has cash and short term investments of about $3.20 per share
. Some people have speculated that Apple could use some of its cash to buy this $1.65 billion company. Whether or not that will happens remains to be seen, but the speculation alone indicates that there is unlocked value in shares of Cirrus Logic.Cirrus shows up on a list of 10 Small-Cap Stocks Poised to Rise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV