Baidu (BIDU), often referred to as the Google (GOOG) of China, is the largest Chinese-language search engine in the world. Despite a slowing of the economy in China to a low rate of growth, Baidu is attracting more users and clients at a fast pace.
This fast-growing company is expected to increase revenues by 59% in 2012 and 42% in 2013. Earnings are expected to grow 53% in 2012 and 41% in 2013. Earnings surpassed analysts' estimates for each of the last four quarters.
The company has a virtual monopoly in China as Google has its share of operating and legal woes in that nation. The stock is trading 10% below its 52-week high, likely due to the China slowdown concerns. However, I believe that Baidu will eclipse that high of $165.96 on its way to $200.Baidu is one of SAC Capital's holdings and also shows up in George Soros' portrfolio as of the most recently reported period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV