Linear Technologies (LLTC) is a specialized semiconductor company that produces analog integrated circuitry for a wide range of end users in industries such as telecommunications, networking, computers and factory automation. Revenue for the fiscal year ended June 2011 rose 27%.
The company is making a strategic decision to reduce its exposure to the consumer and cell-phone markets as those customers are becoming less reliant on analog-based technology and increasing exposure to the more rapidly growing industries in the global economy such as industrial, automotive, communication infrastructure and military. While this strategy may yield some short-term consequences, in the long term, the company will benefit. The market has already priced these decisions into the company's stock price.
In addition, Linear Technology pays an above-market-average dividend of 3%.Linear Technology was also featured recently in " 8 Stocks Rising on Monster Volume."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV