Behind the Scenes at a Small Biz: March Means 'Mega' Money
In mid-February, Norman had taken her son to California to look at colleges and while they were there they decided to visit Disneyland. While purchasing park tickets from an outside vendor, she noticed that the vendor had Disney memorabilia all over his office. With her strong gumption, Norman sealed a deal a few weeks later with the vendor to buy a significant portion of her figurines.
It was an extra $1,000 to monthly revenue they wouldn't have had.
Looking forward over the next few weeks, Norman says the store is already prepared for two other huge card-selling events: Mother's Day and graduation.
"Mother's Day is going to be crazy," she says. "We have an extra cash register. We'll have two lines ringing up. We'll move other merchandise over" to make way for Mother's Day gifts.-- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. To follow Laurie Kulikowski on Twitter, go to: http://twitter.com/#!/LKulikowski >To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV