Arbitron Inc. Announces The Departure Of Richard J. Surratt, Chief Financial Officer, Effective May 11, 2012
COLUMBIA, Md., April 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Arbitron Inc. (NYSE: ARB) announced today that Richard J. Surratt will be leaving the company for personal reasons.
Mr. Surratt will continue as Chief Financial Officer through May 11, 2012 and will remain as an employee of the company through June 8, 2012.
Sean R. Creamer, in addition to his current responsibilities as executive vice president, Chief Operating Officer, will take on the role of interim Chief Financial Officer upon Mr. Surratt's resignation.
Arbitron has engaged the firm of Crist|Kolder Associates to conduct the search for a new chief financial officer."I want to thank Richard for his contributions to Arbitron and wish him well," said Bill Kerr, President and Chief Executive Officer, Arbitron Inc. Sean Creamer was executive vice president, Chief Financial Officer of Arbitron from November 2005 through February 2011. He was named executive vice president, Chief Operating Officer in August 2011. About Arbitron Arbitron Inc. (NYSE: ARB) is an international media and marketing research firm serving the media–radio, television, cable and out-of-home; the mobile industry as well as advertising agencies and advertisers around the world. Arbitron's businesses include: measuring network and local market radio audiences across the United States; surveying the retail, media and product patterns of U.S. consumers; providing mobile audience measurement and analytics in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia, and developing application software used for analyzing media audience and marketing information data. The Company has developed the Portable People Meter™ (PPM™) and the PPM 360™, new technologies for media and marketing research. Portable People Meter™, PPM™ and PPM 360™ are marks of Arbitron Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV