NEW YORK, April 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL), along with city, state and federal officials, today broke ground on a $160 million renovation and expansion of its facilities at New York LaGuardia Airport.
Video b-roll of today's inaugural event is available for download:Gail Grimmett, Delta Senior Vice President – New York Richard Anderson, Delta CEO Pat Foye, Executive Director Port Authority of New York & New Jersey Congressman Joseph Crowley Mayor Michael Bloomberg New York State Lieutenant Governor Robert J. Duffy Groundbreaking B-Roll The project, which includes a 630-foot connector bridge linking Terminals C and D, a new Delta Sky Club in Terminal C and expanded security lanes in both terminals, comes as Delta creates a new domestic hub at LaGuardia, with service to 26 new cities by July 11. It represents the largest expansion project at LaGuardia in more than 40 years. The new bridge will allow Delta customers to walk between terminals behind security, providing easy access to departure and arrival gates and facilitating convenient connecting flights. Delta has operated out of both terminals since March 25, when it began expanded service at LaGuardia. Delta's renovations at LaGuardia will support 700 new jobs along with additional jobs for construction. Work is also underway on a $1.2 billion enhancement and expansion of Delta's facilities at New York John F. Kennedy Airport, where Delta operates an international hub. "All together, with our expansion projects at JFK and LaGuardia, Delta is investing nearly $1.4 billion in our New York airport facilities," said Delta Chief Executive Officer Richard Anderson. "No other airline is approaching that level of commitment to New York in the next 12 months." The expansion includes a new Delta Sky Club in Terminal C that is expected to open this summer. Additionally the Delta Sky Club in Terminal D will undergo an expansion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV