While it lacks direct exposure to many publicly traded social media names, the First Trust Dow Jones Internet Index Fund (FDN) appears to be a more reliable play for investors looking to position themselves for industry's growth. In addition, the fund boasts the proper size and trading volume that will allow it to overcome liquidity challenges.
Facebook's Instagram purchase is likely the first of many social media-related stories that will steal headlines in the coming weeks as investors, analysts and market commentators anxiously prepare for the Facebook IPO which is reportedly scheduled for May.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV