DXP Enterprises (DXPE) is engaged in the business of distributing maintenance, repair and operating products, equipment and service to industrial customers. This stock is trading up 2% at $41.24 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 115,000Average Volume: 86,161 Volume % Change: 134% Shares of DXPE are moving slightly higher today after Capstone Investments initiated the stock with a buy rating. From a technical perspective, DXPE is bouncing notably today right off its 50-day moving average of $40.23 with above average volume. This move is coming right after DXPE recently formed a double top at $45.73 to $45.90, and then sold off with heavy volume to its recent low of $39.76. That high-volume selloff was a bearish technical move, but if DXPE can continue to tend above its 50-day then it could recapture its bullish trend. Traders should only consider long-biased trades in DXPE if this stock is trending above its 50-day with strong upside volume flows. If DXPE can manage to close near its daily highs today, then the stock could make a run at $44 in the near-term. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV