Check Point Software Technologies
Check Point Software Technologies (CHKP) develops technologies to secure communications and transactions over the Internet by enterprises and consumers. This stock is trading up 1.8% at $62.81 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.3 millionAverage Volume: 1.5 million Volume % Change: 75% From a technical perspective, CHKP is bouncing modestly today right off some near-term support at $61.24, which also sits right above its 50-day moving average of $60.24. This move is quickly pushing CHKP within range of triggering a breakout trade. That trade will hit once CHKP takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $64.77 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once CHKP moves and closes over $64.77 with volume that's near or well above 1,489,450 shares. If we get that action soon, look for CHKP to make a run at $70 in the near future. Check Point is one of Renaissance Technologies' top holdings as of the most recently reported quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV