Silicon Laboratories (SLAB) designs and develops, analog-intensive, mixed-signal integrated circuits for a range of applications. The stock is trading up 5.8% at $42.95 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 350,000Average Volume: 312,485 Volume % Change: 138% Shares of SLAB are ripping higher today after the stock was upgraded by an analyst at Wunderlich from hold to buy. The firm also raised its price target from $44 to $50. The analyst said, "We believe the recent sell-off in the stock has created a more favorable risk/reward scenario and provides an attractive entry point." From a technical perspective, SLAB is gapping sharply higher today on above average volume. This move is quickly pushing SLAB within range of its 50-day moving average of $43.63. Traders should now look for long biased trades if SLAB can manage to move and close above its 50-day, and above some near-term overhead resistance at $44.33 with high volume. Look for volume on that move that's near or well above 312,485 shares. If we get that action soon, look for SLAB to make a run at $46.50 to $48.50 in the near term. Keep in mind that long trades should only be considers if SLAB is trending above its 50-day and $44.33. Silicon Labs shows up in Coatue Management's portfolio as of the most recently reported period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV