Silicon Laboratories (SLAB) designs and develops, analog-intensive, mixed-signal integrated circuits for a range of applications. The stock is trading up 5.8% at $42.95 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 350,000Average Volume: 312,485 Volume % Change: 138% Shares of SLAB are ripping higher today after the stock was upgraded by an analyst at Wunderlich from hold to buy. The firm also raised its price target from $44 to $50. The analyst said, "We believe the recent sell-off in the stock has created a more favorable risk/reward scenario and provides an attractive entry point." From a technical perspective, SLAB is gapping sharply higher today on above average volume. This move is quickly pushing SLAB within range of its 50-day moving average of $43.63. Traders should now look for long biased trades if SLAB can manage to move and close above its 50-day, and above some near-term overhead resistance at $44.33 with high volume. Look for volume on that move that's near or well above 312,485 shares. If we get that action soon, look for SLAB to make a run at $46.50 to $48.50 in the near term. Keep in mind that long trades should only be considers if SLAB is trending above its 50-day and $44.33. Silicon Labs shows up in Coatue Management's portfolio as of the most recently reported period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV