April 11, 2012
, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the
's decision makers, today announced that
Brent Pearson, Chief Information Officer
, has been named one of the top 40 by
FOLIO: The Magazine for Magazine Management
. The FOLIO: 40 is the oldest, most comprehensive and most distinguished compilation of individuals who best represent the increasingly multifaceted media landscape.
Pearson was honored by FOLIO: for his work in rebuilding UBM Electronics' media technology infrastructure. Since joining UBM Electronics in 2009, Pearson has hired and led an in-house software team to create a new, enterprise-grade web publishing system transforming the company's culture into a people and technology lead environment.
Pearson's accomplishments include:
- Adding scrum software development methodologies and iterative project development;
- Driving data first and data driven decisions;
- Moving technology and digital product control out of a centralized corporate structure into a dynamic group controlled by the specific business owners;
- Infusing websites with social media influences, community involvement and significant online growth;
- Changing the way users perceive the value of paid content;
- Integrating content across multiple brands to increase value to user, page views, and engagement on the website; and
- Adding technology and IT into the business and the decision-making process.
"We are very pleased that Brent is receiving industry recognition for transforming our technology infrastructure," said
, CEO, UBM Electronics. "Under Brent's leadership we've rebuilt and moved 24 websites and 13 customer databases onto a single, scalable platform. All of these changes support our strategic growth plan of reach, services, and commerce. We congratulate both Brent and his team on embodying our essential behaviors of collaboration, integrity, self-awareness and a learning mindset."
Pearson sets and manages the technology roadmap for the UBM Electronics online properties and leads the Digital Media Development team, a group of software engineers who execute upon his plan. Pearson brings more than 12 years of software engineering and web development expertise and management skills to UBM Electronics. Prior to UBM Electronics, Pearson was the Director of Technology for Carat, a full service digital media company that provides technology consulting services to Fortune 1000 companies. Previously, Pearson was the Director of Development for TradePoint Solutions, a software as a service provider in the consumer packaged goods industry. In addition, Pearson cofounded Lawdex, a company focused on creating and sharing legal documentation and communication electronically.