UBM Electronics' Chief Information Officer, Brent Pearson, Named A C-Level Visionary In The 2012 FOLIO: 40
SAN FRANCISCO, April 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry 's decision makers, today announced that Brent Pearson, Chief Information Officer, has been named one of the top 40 by FOLIO: The Magazine for Magazine Management. The FOLIO: 40 is the oldest, most comprehensive and most distinguished compilation of individuals who best represent the increasingly multifaceted media landscape.
Pearson was honored by FOLIO: for his work in rebuilding UBM Electronics' media technology infrastructure. Since joining UBM Electronics in 2009, Pearson has hired and led an in-house software team to create a new, enterprise-grade web publishing system transforming the company's culture into a people and technology lead environment.
Pearson's accomplishments include:
- Adding scrum software development methodologies and iterative project development;
- Driving data first and data driven decisions;
- Moving technology and digital product control out of a centralized corporate structure into a dynamic group controlled by the specific business owners;
- Infusing websites with social media influences, community involvement and significant online growth;
- Changing the way users perceive the value of paid content;
- Integrating content across multiple brands to increase value to user, page views, and engagement on the website; and
- Adding technology and IT into the business and the decision-making process.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts