The best way to attract and retain customers is to make it easy for them to do business with you. Recognizing this, Lawson Products, Inc. (NASDAQ:LAWS), an industrial distributor that helps companies improve operational performance , has bolted onto Ariba, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARBA), the world’s business commerce network.
“eProcurement simplifies our customers’ experience, which helps us strengthen our customer relationships and ultimately build market share,” said Christian Wiltrout, Vice President, Marketing and Product Management, Lawson Products. “Through the Ariba® Network, we can streamline and enhance the procurement process for our customers and deliver the best possible service to them.”
Used by companies around the world to simplify inter-enterprise commerce and enhance the results that they deliver, the Ariba Network is the world’s largest web-based trading community. Using the network, businesses of all sizes can connect to their trading partners anywhere, at any time from any application or device to buy, sell and manage their cash more efficiently and effectively than ever before.
Lawson Products joined the Ariba Network more than a decade ago at the request of a key customer, and has since leveraged the community to:
- Create state-of-the-art catalogs that streamline the ordering process, fuel contract compliance, increase visibility into the entire order process and help ensure accurate and current pricing
- Deliver eQuotes to reduce order cycle times and eliminate errors
- Enable fast, accurate reconciliation between orders and bills through eInvoicing
- Provide greater exposure of its entire product line to its current customers
- Tap into a global community of buying organizations to drive new business