So many people has asked me what do these things look like? So let’s turn to Page 5. Page 5 is a picture of a clean coal plant. You’ll see in the green circle, these are the storage units where we store the chemicals. In the orange oval, that’s the mixer. You can see a temporary conveyer belt putting the coal into the mixer, and if you look kind of behind that larger conveyer belt, you’ll see the clean coal coming out and being returned into the stack. This portion of the plant costs about $1 million to build and then obviously can be depreciated over time, so it’s about a $600,000 after-tax cost.
After those components are built, if you turn to Page 6, what we do is we put the components in housing and we connect it permanently to the host utility. In the red circle, you can see all the components that go into housing the clean coal plant. You’ll see how coal runs up a conveyer belt, it drops down into the mixer, the storage facility you can see there in green, and then as the refined coal returns back up into the utility where it’s burned. The cost to connect and house the plant is approximately $4 million, and then we get to depreciate that over time, so after-tax it’s about $2.4 million.
Page 7 shows an illustration of where this clean coal plant sits in a general schematic of a coal power facility. You can see the clean coal plant sits between the coal yard and the boiler or the furnace, and the rest of the schematic shows you how water turns into steam, steam turns the turbine, and electricity is generated and goes on a transmission line. So that’s the location, a generalized view of the location of the plant.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV