Highmark Inc. Announces $1 Million Goal For 10th Annual Highmark Walk For A Healthy Community
PITTSBURGH, April 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- To celebrate its 10th annual community walk, Highmark Inc. announced today a $1 million fundraising goal for the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community, which takes place at five locations across Pennsylvania this spring.
The Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community is a unique event where Highmark underwrites all costs associated with hosting a walk so partnering nonprofit organizations can reap the benefits of funds raised by supporters.
"Highmark maintains the belief that we can accomplish more as a collaborative community than we can do individually," said Evan Frazier, senior vice president of community affairs for Highmark. "The walk brings organizations together for one energetic day of fundraising, providing a major impact on the entire community."
On May 19, more than 10,000 people are expected to gather for the 10th annual Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community at Stage AE in Pittsburgh. In addition, more than 6,000 supporters will walk on behalf of their favorite nonprofit organization at locations across the state throughout the next two months.The inaugural walk began in Pittsburgh in 2003 with just eight organizations and raised more than $25,000. Now, with four other walk locations across the state and 175 nonprofit organizations slated to participate, Highmark is hopeful the walks will collectively raise $1 million. Registration is now open for the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community. To register and to learn more about the participating organizations, visit www.walkforahealthycommunity.org. An all accessible 5K is offered at all sites, as well as a One-Mile Fun Walk. All locations include free parking, food, beverages, music, activities and prize drawings. Highmark will host walks in the following locations.
- Pittsburgh: May 19 at Stage AE
- Harrisburg, May 19 at Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC)
- Johnstown, June 2 at Central Park
- Bethlehem, June 2 at SteelStacks Campus
- Erie, June 9 at Presque Isle State Park
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV