SEATTLE, April 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that Pechanga Resort & Casino, the largest California casino, owned by the Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians, deployed EMC Isilon® scale-out NAS as the primary storage repository for the enormous amount of video footage captured by casino-floor video surveillance cameras. Using a cluster of 50 Isilon X200 Platform Nodes running Isilon's SmartLock™, SmartQuotas™, SmartConnect™ and InsightIQ software applications, in combination with VMware server virtualization and EMC backup and recovery solutions, the Pechanga Resort & Casino transformed its existing IT infrastructure into an efficient, flexible, and highly scalable data center.
- IT Transformation – Pechanga Resort & Casino completely transformed its data center by virtualizing its servers with VMware, and deploying next-generation storage and Data Domain from EMC.
- Unified surveillance operations – EMC Isilon enabled Pechanga Resort & Casino to consolidate its coverage and recording products into one entity, easing management and providing a streamlined solution.
- Improved Scalability – With EMC Isilon, Pechanga Resort & Casino can easily scale its storage infrastructure as needed for growing data requirements.
- Streamlined Management – With Isilon and Data Domain, Pechanga streamlined management and simplified its scalable video storage, regulatory compliance and backup of surveillance video.
Customer Challenges and Solution:
The Temecula, California-based Pechanga Resort & Casino features a 200,000 square-foot gaming floor with over 3,000 slot machines. Before deploying EMC Isilon scale-out NAS, Pechanga Resort & Casino had a proprietary surveillance system, attached to casino cameras within the surveillance department. The new integrated infrastructure, part of a complete data center transformation, enabled the Surveillance Department to reduce its data center footprint by 80 percent and significantly cut energy and hardware costs.Also owned by the Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians, Pechanga Technology Solutions Group (PTSG) served as the consulting IT solutions provider for the Resort & Casino. PTSG's experts in data center and advanced network design for the gaming and hospitality industry assessed Pechanga Resort & Casino's video surveillance system and data center infrastructure with an eye toward managing Big Data in the most efficient, cost-effective, easily-scalable way. In the new data center, digital footage captured by the video surveillance cameras is encoded and then transmitted over a 10 GB Cisco IP network. A video management system hosted on VMware virtualized servers with Cisco UCS writes encoded footage to the cluster of EMC Isilon X200 nodes, an ideal scale-out solution for constantly changing virtual environments, guaranteeing storage capacity where it is needed. The completed storage infrastructure delivers 1.4 petabytes of usable storage. When an incident happens at the casino, the footage is pulled from the X200 Nodes, moved to WORM-compliant storage and is automatically backed up on an EMC Data Domain DD860 deduplication storage system, providing fast and reliable backup and recovery. The ease-of-use of the Isilon OneFS operating system has freed up team members to work on other areas of the infrastructure.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.