According to the US Department of Energy, the nation uses 14 million barrels of oil per day in the form of vehicle fuel. Natural gas provides an alternative to replace some of this demand. Natural gas is already used throughout the world as an alternative to both unleaded gasoline and diesel fuel. It is a safe and proven alternative that is both much cleaner and significantly cheaper than these liquid fuels. Additionally, because 99% of the natural gas consumed in the United States is produced in North America, the price of natural gas is much less volatile than that of standard motor fuels, and it is also less impacted by geopolitical events.
"For all of these reasons, both Chesapeake Utilities and Wise Gas believe that natural gas is capable of supplanting conventional fuels in many fleet applications," added Mr. Hancock.
PESCO's natural gas marketing operations serve approximately 3,500 commercial and industrial customers. PESCO currently provides natural gas supply services in Florida, Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is a diversified utility company engaged in natural gas distribution, transmission and marketing, electric distribution, propane gas distribution and wholesale marketing, advanced information services and other related services. Information about Chesapeake's businesses is available at www.chpk.com.For more information, contact: Bill Hancock, General Manager Peninsula Energy Services Company (PESCO) 863.292.2919 email@example.com SOURCE Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV