Here's How Romney Can Beat Obama: Opinion
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There is much debate on Wall Street regarding the business models of major media companies such as CBS, Time Warner and Disney. Will online distribution, cord cutting and other new media formats destroy or enhance revenue or profit models? An analyst recently upgraded CBS, another downgraded the whole sector.
One thing is for sure, however: Political advertisements in 2012 will likely hit a record high, perhaps a billion dollars or more in spending. This article endeavors to show what presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney will have to do in terms of TV ads if he intends to win in November.
Most conservatives and Libertarians favored another Republican candidate than Romney, whether it be Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Ron Paul or one of those who dropped out earlier. In the end, though, as people have come to accept that Romney is the nominee, even the supporters of his primary opponents agree on one positive Romney trait: He will be willing to hit his opponent hard.
Whether that is a function of simply having more money or not, one thing is clear: There is now an expectation by the conservatives that Romney must hit Obama at least as hard as he hit his primary opponents. There must be no holding back. None. Whatever restraint someone could dream up, those dreams must end. Only unrestrained DEFCON-1 political warfare remains.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV