NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- As I pointed out in a recent TheStreet article, I relish market pullbacks. When the market corrects, it never fails that stocks like Apple (AAPL) and Amazon.com (AMZN) lead most of the ensuing rallies. And that's because they're strong companies well-positioned in multiple spaces with the ability to rapidly grow revenues for the foreseeable future.
With companies like Amazon and, to a lesser extent, Apple, you almost have to ignore near-term pressure and uncertainty to focus on the future. AMZN sports a lofty valuation for the same reason AAPL is on a parabolic move up: Investors have confidence in each company's ability to execute going forward.
I follow the media space more closely than any other. I consider Apple and Amazon part of that landscape; in fact, they dictate the on-demand, multi-platform future that continues to evolve in both audio and video entertainment. What's really great about these two companies is that they rule multiple sectors. You can call them leaders in tech, Internet, retail, e-commerce, consumer products as well as new media.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV