Alpine Access To Join First Lady At White House Celebration In Recognition And Support Of Veterans And Military Families
DENVER, April 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Alpine Access, the premier provider of virtual contact center solutions and services, announced that its president and CEO, Christopher M. Carrington, will join First Lady Michelle Obama and other major business leaders at the White House today to celebrate the first anniversary of Joining Forces, an initiative established to support veterans and military families. This honor was extended to Mr. Carrington based on Alpine Access' demonstrated commitment to employing thousands of veterans and their spouses.
Attendance at this national event is the latest acknowledgement of Alpine Access' long-established support of the U.S. military. Approximately 45 percent of the company's current workforce is affiliated with the Armed Forces, including many veterans and spouses of service men and women. As a member of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Alpine Access pledged last week to recruit, train and hire 3,000 more military-attached Americans over the next two years. This vow represents one of the single largest employment commitments to the Joining Forces cause, with all positions offering competitive pay, access to health benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) matching plan. In addition, Alpine Access' work-at-home agents are hired as employees, which helps job seekers avoid unnecessary up-front costs and risks often associated with independent contractor models.
"We pioneered the virtual contact center model to give employees the freedom to enjoy a better work/life balance, while also providing companies with access to the most qualified employees," said Mr. Carrington. "Over our 14 year history, we consistently have found that many of our best, brightest, and most committed professionals are those who have ties to the Armed Forces. We look forward to adding even more military-attached employees to our team over the next few years because it's simply the right thing to do for those who have done so much for all of us."
The qualifications and circumstances of veterans and their family members are ideally suited to home-based positions, which is why Alpine Access was able to lead the way when the First Lady and Dr. Jill Biden challenged the private sector to employ veterans last year. Reasons work-from-home positions offer attractive employment opportunities for veterans include:
- Culture and Skills. Focus, commitment and maturity are important to be effective in home-based positions. These characteristics, as well as skills acquired during tours of duty, help make veterans well suited for customer service or other contact center positions.
- Portability. At-home positions can be performed from any approved, home office regardless of location. This provides military spouses with long-term employment opportunities despite transfers and relocations.
- Professional Workforce. A virtual work environment gives veterans the ability to adjust back to civilian life through income, a supportive, professional community of peers, and multiple advancement and career progression opportunities.
- Scheduling Flexibility. Alpine Access' home-based positions allow employees to set schedules around outside commitments, such as children's activities or medical needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV