Viasat Inc Stock Downgraded (VSAT)
- VSAT's revenue growth trails the industry average of 18.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 51.24% to $41.18 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 51.24%, VIASAT INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 117.47%.
- 40.40% is the gross profit margin for VIASAT INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of VSAT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, VSAT's net profit margin of 2.50% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 60.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $12.92 million to $5.14 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, VIASAT INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.