MoneyGram (NYSE:MGI), a leading global money transfer company, announced at a news conference in London today that it has expanded its online money transfer service to its customers living and working in the United Kingdom. The new U.K. website, which was unveiled at the morning’s event, is the first step in MoneyGram’s strategy to expand the convenient online service globally.
The growth of MoneyGram’s online money transfer service is part of the company’s effort to provide self-service enhancements to its core money transfer business and grow its customer base. “Our online service provides customers with the ultimate convenience of being able to send money in minutes from the comfort of their homes, or anywhere they can access the Internet, regardless of the time of day,” said Mark Perryman, MoneyGram senior regional director for the U.K., Ireland and Nordics. “The service is already extremely popular with consumers in the U.S., and is attracting new customers who had not used a traditional walk-in service before. We are confident the service we be very popular here as well.”
Customers using MoneyGram’s online service can:
- Create and update an online profile with saved information on individuals and businesses they send to regularly.
- Receive notification when funds are collected by their receivers.
- Estimate a transaction fee or locate a MoneyGram agent location in 192 countries and territories.
Online transactions are protected by market-leading fraud protection and monitoring systems for security and customer information.About MoneyGram MoneyGram, a leading global money transfer company, enables consumers who are not fully served by traditional financial institutions to meet their financial needs. MoneyGram offers money transfer services worldwide through a global network of more than 267,000 agent locations—including retailers, international post offices and financial institutions—in 192 countries and territories around the world. To learn more about money transfer or bill payment at an agent location or online, please visit www.moneygram.com or connect with us on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV