CSC (NYSE: CSC) today provided a preliminary and unaudited update for the fourth quarter and the full fiscal year 2012, ended March 30, 2012.
On December 27, 2011, the Company announced a material impairment of its net investment in the UK National Health Service (NHS) contract and at the same time, withdrew its guidance for its fiscal year 2012. Given the uncertainty surrounding the future of the NHS contract, the Company was not in a position to reasonably estimate fiscal 2012 financial performance.
On March 5, 2012, the Company announced that it had signed a non-binding letter of intent (LOI) with the NHS that provided a framework upon which the contract could continue. The parties targeted the completion of a binding interim agreement on or before March 31, 2012.
On April 4, 2012, the Company announced that the parties had not reached a binding agreement and that discussions are continuing.With clarity around the NHS situation as it affects fiscal 2012 results, the Company is in a position to provide a more reasonable range of expected results in advance of the release of audited results in the mid-May timeframe. The preliminary and unaudited Fiscal Year 2012 update is as follows:
|Fourth Quarter||Fiscal Year|
|New Business Awards (billions)||~$6||~$19|
|Earnings (loss) per Share|
|GAAP||~$(0.92) to ~$(0.96)||~$(27.27) to ~$(27.31)|
|Adjusted||~$0.19 to ~$0.21||~$2.45 to ~$2.49|
|Free cash flow (millions)||~$225 to ~$275||~$50 to ~$100|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV