5 Wonderfully Weird Products That Small Business Created
They are just a few examples of the world of niche retailers - a place where small businesses and entrepreneurs can flourish.
|Starting a small business with a crazy idea sometimes pays off.|
"At the end of the day, it's what makes a retailer different that helps drive their business," says Kathy Grannis, spokeswoman for the National Retail Federation. "Companies that can separate themselves from the competition will usually always find customers who are eager and interested in what they have to sell."
But selling the strange and unique is not for everyone, especially if the merchandise is truly specialized. Many times, these businesses are created after a consumer sees a hole in the marketplace. But that's the key - making sure there is indeed a demand for the product. Entrepreneurs who have a clear picture of their target market and competitors as well as a strategy to keep customers coming back are more likely to succeed.Here are five companies selling odd, yet popular merchandise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV