SGI (NASDAQ:SGI), the trusted leader in technical computing, today announced the introduction of SGI® NAS, a powerful, no-compromise, full-featured enterprise-class open storage solution that delivers maximum flexibility to IT managers who must master the challenges of inexorable data growth. As the first fully integrated solution in the SGI Modular InfiniteStorage™ product family, SGI NAS provides organizations with a full-featured platform that can start small and yet scale to multiple petabytes of unified storage according to business demands. This storage solution supports advanced enterprise architecture from virtualization to the complete lifecycle of data -from creation to archive - with a minimum of datacenter real estate.
SGI NAS includes full VM integration, even in mixed vendor environments, and with the latest Intel® Xeon® E5 series processors, the system offers infinitely flexible configuration options from terabytes to petabytes of storage and can be expanded to extremely large deployments with multi-node local and remote clusters. With support for multiple NAS and SAN protocols, standard features include inline de-duplication and native compression, unlimited snapshots and cloning, unlimited file size, and high-availability support. With a browser-based GUI the system is simple to administer from any desktop or tablet, making SGI NAS a powerful addition to the SGI InfiniteStorage ecosystem.
“One of the biggest challenges facing any storage customer is rationalizing the cost and complexity of rapidly expanding data storage requirements,” said Steve Conway, IDC research vice president for HPC. “SGI's Modular InfiniteStorage product family is designed to address this problem by merging a modular open storage architecture with advances in density. Products like this have a strong potential for boosting returns on data storage investments.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV