SEATTLE, April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Onvia, a leading provider of government-contracting opportunities and business intelligence, announces that it has achieved major year-over-year increases in the volume of government-contracting data that it collects and provides to its clients in its Online Database.
In Q1 of 2012, Onvia reached unprecedented levels of coverage of high-value data that companies need to be successful in the government business marketplace. These volume increases (compared with the same quarter of 2011) include the following:
- 116% more bid results, which clients use to track their competition, see which specific products or services competitors are proposing to agencies, and analyze pricing trends
- 53% more contract awards, which provide opportunities for competitive analysis; help clients find teaming, subcontracting and supplier opportunities; and let them identify when contracts will be coming up for renewal or rebidding
- 40% more Advance Notices, which allow clients to get a head start in building agency decision-maker relationships regarding future projects before bids and RFPs for those projects are issued.
"We know that businesses need much more than bids and RFPs to gain a competitive advantage in the public-sector marketplace," said Naveen Rajkumar, Onvia's Senior Vice President and CIO, "and our increased collection of award data, bid results and early project notifications allows our clients to improve their business-development strategies, qualify the right opportunities to pursue, and stay a step ahead of competitors."
About Onvia, Inc.For more than 12 years Onvia (NASDAQ: ONVI) has been delivering the data, analytics and tools companies rely on to succeed in the $5.5 trillion government-contracting market. Onvia tracks, analyzes and reports the spending of tens of thousands of federal, state and local government agencies, giving companies a single source for conducting open, intelligent and efficient business with government. Along with providing an exclusive suite of integrated business tools for a wide variety of industries, Onvia offers DemandStar, an automated e-procurement system that streamlines agency procurement processes. For information about Onvia, visit www.onvia.com.SOURCE Onvia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV