NEW YORK, April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Changes in employee benefits, longer life spans, uncertainty around Social Security and Medicare, and the rising costs of health care have made planning for and funding retirement a challenge for many Americans. But the National Retirement Planning Coalition – a group of prominent financial industry and advocacy organizations – says that there is hope, and it all begins with a financial roadmap and a plan for savings.
The coalition – which is spearheaded by the Insured Retirement Institute (IRI) – has worked to organize National Retirement Planning Week® — a national effort to help consumers focus on their financial needs in retirement. AXA Equitable is a proud supporter of National Retirement Planning Week® 2012, which takes place from April 9 to 13.
"AXA Equitable strongly supports this week of education and awareness," said Nick Lane, president of the Retirement Savings division at AXA Equitable. "Retirement planning can be challenging and every day priorities and pressures have a tendency to lead many people to avoid or delay putting together a comprehensive plan."
"The good news is that today's mobile apps and online tools can help break down those barriers and make it easier for people to become informed and take the first steps toward retirement planning, at their pace and in a way that is comfortable and convenient for them."In support of National Retirement Planning Week, AXA Equitable has compiled a suite of mobile retirement planning apps, tools and online resources, including:
- Virtual retirement consultations featuring experienced financial professionals who help guide individuals through the process of determining how long their retirement savings may last;
- Retirement income calculators for BlackBerry® and iPhone® users;
- SSA Social Security Benefits Calculator;
- Retirement Shortfall Calculators and more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV