1. Bank of the Ozarks
Shares of Bank of the Ozarks (OZRK) of Little Rock, Ark., closed at $31.43 Thursday, returning 6.5% year-to-date, following a 39% return during 2011. The bank's 2011 ROA was 2.70%.
The shares trade for 2.7 times tangible book value and for 15 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $2.09. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $2.05.Bank of the Ozarks had $3.8 billion in total assets as of Dec. 30. The bank's 2011 earnings of $101.3 million included $65.7 million in gains on FDIC-assisted acquisitions, along with $10.1 million in accretion of FDIC loss-sharing receivables, and $6.4 million in other loss-sharing income. The company will announce its first-quarter results on Thursday, after the market close. The consensus first-quarter EPS estimate is 51 cents, matching the fourth-quarter results, but increasing from 42 cents during the first quarter of 2011. FIG Partners analyst Brian Martin rates Bank of the Ozarks "Market Perform," with a price target of $29.50, and said in January after the company reported its fourth-quarter results that the company was still an "active bidder" for FDIC deals, and was "optimistic more deals are on the horizon and that
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV