3. State Bank Financial Corp.
Shares of State Bank Financial Corp. (STBZ) of Atlanta, closed at $17.34 Thursday, returning 15% year-to-date, following a 4% return during 2011. The company's 2011 ROA was 1.56%.
The shares trade for 1.4 times tangible book value, and for 13 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.34. The consensus 2012 earnings estimate is $1.37 a share.The company had $2.7 billion in total assets as of Dec. 30. The company has acquired 12 failed institutions from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. since 2009. The consensus estimate for State Bank Financial to report first-quarter earnings of 34 cents, increasing from 28 cents in the fourth quarter, and 25 cents during the first quarter of 2011. BB&T analyst Blair Brantley on April 3 initiated his firm's coverage of State Bank Financial with a "Buy" rating and a $21 price target, saying the company was "not just a roll-up story," and was "well positioned to continue its dual operating strategy of managing FDIC acquisitions while growing a core bank in Atlanta and middle Georgia." Brantley estimates that BB&T will report first-quarter EPS of 35 cents, and estimates the company will earn $1.43 a share for all of 2012, followed by 2013 EPS of $1.37. Following its initial stage of "FDIC-assisted transactions to create a platform for core growth," Brantley said "the company has since grown new loans at an impressive pace while also adding a few smaller, financially attractive, in-market FDIC-assisted deals." Interested in more on State Bank Financial Corp.? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV