4. Trustmark Corp.
Shares of Trustmark Corp. (TRMK) of Jacks, Miss., closed at $24.40 Thursday, returning 1% year-to-date, following a 2% return during 2011. The company's return on average assets for 2011 was 1.11%.
Based on a quarterly payout of 23 cents, the shares have a dividend yield 3.77%.The shares trade for 1.8 times tangible book value, according to HighlineFI, and for 15 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.66. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $1.60. The company had $9.7 billion in total assets as of Dec. 30. Trustmark on March 16 completed its acquisition of Bay Bank & Trust of Panama City, Fla., for roughly $22 million in cash and stock, brining on seven branches, with $117 million in loans and $207 million in deposits. Trustmark is scheduled to report its first-quarter results on April 24, with a consensus analyst estimate of 39 cents, increasing from 38 cents in the fourth quarter, and 37 cents during the first quarter of 2011. Our of nine analysts covering Trustmark, even have neutral rating, while two rate the shares "Underperform," or sell. Considering that most analysts have 12-month outlooks for their recommendations and price targets, it's not surprising that a quality name like Trustmark, trading at rather high multiples, would have some analysts recommending that investors steer clear. JPMorgan analyst Steven Alexopoulos last Wednesday reiterated his "Underweight" rating on Trustmark, with a $12 price target, saying the company "ended the final quarter of 2011 on a mixed note, with a mixture of both positive and negative indicators pointing in no clear direction for 2012," and that "although progress was made on the credit front," there was "still ample wood to chop, including
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV