American Apparel (APP) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer, distributor and retailer of branded fashion basic apparel. This stock is trading up 3% to $0.85 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $0.82-$0.8952-Week Range: $0.52-$1.69 Volume: 1.3 million Three-Month Average Volume: 587,786 Shares of APP are soaring today after the company's CEO was interviewed earlier in the day on CNBC. From a technical perspective, APP has started to move back above its 200-day moving average today at 83 cents with high-volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once APP takes out 93 to 95 cents with high-volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades if APP can move and close over those levels with volume that's near or above 587,786 shares. If we get that action soon, look for APP to make a run at $1.05 to $1.21 or higher. To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV