WINNIPEG, April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - IMRIS Inc. (NASDAQ: IMRS) (TSX: IM) ("IMRIS" or the "Company") today announced that it is hosting its first-ever satellite symposium at the annual meeting of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons at AANS 2012 in Miami Beach, FL. The symposium, which takes place on April 16, 2012, will be chaired by Dr. Joseph Piepmeier, Chief of the Section of Surgical Neuro-oncology at Yale University School of Medicine. Entitled "Clinical Applications and Future Direction of iMRI in Neurosurgery", the program will feature presentations from four surgeons who will share their experiences and clinical findings in a range of neurosurgical applications. The event is limited to healthcare professionals and over 100 clinicians are expected to attend.
As part of the AANS Scientific Sessions on April 17, 2012, Dr. Xiaolei Chen, Associate Professor, Neurosurgery, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, will be presenting the preliminary results of the first randomized trial that studied the resection of low-grade insular glioma using high-field intraoperative MR imaging. Dr. Chen's presentation is one of several that indicate that intraoperative MR imaging is gaining broad acceptance as a "best clinical practice" in neurosurgery. In fact, all oral presentations on intraoperative MR imaging at AANS 2012 are based on studies at hospitals with VISIUS Surgical Theatres. Recognizing the increasing attention to this technology, AANS created a new course for this year's annual meeting on intraoperative imaging, including MR, as well as angiographic, fluoroscopic and CT modalities.
IMRIS returns to the exhibition hall at AANS 2012 with a comprehensive booth (#835) demonstrating the VISIUS Surgical Theatre and its integrated technologies optimized for intraoperative imaging in a neurosurgical environment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV