The tech giant's stock struck a new peak of $644 shortly after market open, before retreating slightly to $642.23 and a market cap of $598.8 billion. CNBC reports that Apple's market cap reached a $600 billion market cap when its stock hit $643.53.
|Tim Cook, Apple's CEO|
Apple shrugged off a rare analyst downgrade on Monday to hit an all-time high, which it exceeded on Tuesday.The tech giant's stock has risen more than 58% this year, easily outpacing the Nasdaq's gain of 16.65%. The Cupertino, Calif.-based firm is expected to release its fiscal second-quarter results on April 24. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV