Best Buy CEO Brian Dunn said Tuesday he is leaving the company. Director Mike Mikan is taking over as interim CEO while Best Buy searches for Dunn's replacement.
"There were no disagreements between Mr. Dunn and the company on any matter relating to operations, financial controls, policies or procedures," a Best Buy statement said. "There was mutual agreement that it was time for new leadership to address the challenges that face the company."
Mikan was previously chief financial officer and executive vice president at UnitedHealth Group (UNH).Best Buy announced on March 30 that it plans to close 50 U.S. stores in 2013 and will cut costs by $800 million by fiscal year 2015. Shares of Best Buy rose 2.91% to $23.31 in early trading Tuesday. The stock has risen 20 cents, or 0.86%, year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Best Buy a C grade and hold rating. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV