Dell (DELL), however, was one of the tech sector's gainers before market open, as investors responded to Morgan Stanley's decision to upgrade the tech giant to equal weight from under weight. Shares of Dell were up 1.85% to $16.52 in pre-market trading.
AOL's stock was down 1.33% to $26.05. Microsoft shares were up 0.19% to $31.16.Apple (APPLE), fresh from hitting yet another new all-time high on Monday, traded up before market open. The iPhone maker's stock was up 0.56% to $639.81. Apple was also one of the Nasdaq's most active pre-market stocks on share volume of 320,333. Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) was another of the Nasdaq's most active stocks on share volume of 967,378. The satellite radio giant's shares were up 0.22% to $2.32 in pre-market trading. Shares of Internet photo service Shutterfly (SFLY) were flat, as investors continued to digest Facebook's $1 billion acquisition of rival photo specialist Instagram. Shutterfly's stock closed down more than 4% on Monday after Facebook announced its surprise deal for Instagram. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV