TossedÂ® Serves Up Bumper Crop Of Environmentally-Friendly Business Practices
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Tossed®, home of made-to-order garden fresh salads, crepe wraps, grilled panini, sandwiches and hot soups today announced a broad series of additions to its green, sustainable business practices. Led by a new store interior design featuring multiple low-environmental impact design elements, Tossed's commitment to environmental responsibility reaches from salad bowls comprised of recycled plastic bottles to menus printed on eco-paper and much more.
"At Tossed we believe in having a healthy attitude in everything we do," said Jason Chodash, President of Tossed Franchise Corporation. "Being environmentally responsible simply makes sense. Our company was founded on fresh, high-quality food and a wholesome lifestyle. Embracing eco-friendly practices is another value we share with our guests."
New Store Design
While Tossed has pursued a green philosophy for a number of years, recent developments in both the company's growth, as well as in new products and manufacturing techniques now available, have allowed it to make significant progress.Most prominent among Tossed's new developments is its sustainable store design. Debuting with the company's recently-opened Los Angeles and Vancouver, British Columbia franchise locations, the new design from California-based JBI Interiors features a number of environmentally-friendly elements including:
- Unique dining room chairs made in the USA from recycled Coca-Cola bottles. Produced by renowned Pennsylvania chair manufacturer Emeco, Inc. in collaboration with Coca-Cola, each Tossed banquette chair is made from 111 20-ounce PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) plastic Coke bottles, comprising 60% of the total material content.
- Stools featuring 99% recycled water and raw materials used in production.
- Paper-based laminates used on table tops, divider walls, paneling and other interior decor surfaces.
- Dining room recycling stations that make it easy for customers to deposit paper, plastics and glass for reuse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV