Tossed® Serves Up Bumper Crop Of Environmentally-Friendly Business Practices
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Tossed®, home of made-to-order garden fresh salads, crepe wraps, grilled panini, sandwiches and hot soups today announced a broad series of additions to its green, sustainable business practices. Led by a new store interior design featuring multiple low-environmental impact design elements, Tossed's commitment to environmental responsibility reaches from salad bowls comprised of recycled plastic bottles to menus printed on eco-paper and much more.
"At Tossed we believe in having a healthy attitude in everything we do," said Jason Chodash, President of Tossed Franchise Corporation. "Being environmentally responsible simply makes sense. Our company was founded on fresh, high-quality food and a wholesome lifestyle. Embracing eco-friendly practices is another value we share with our guests."
New Store Design
While Tossed has pursued a green philosophy for a number of years, recent developments in both the company's growth, as well as in new products and manufacturing techniques now available, have allowed it to make significant progress.Most prominent among Tossed's new developments is its sustainable store design. Debuting with the company's recently-opened Los Angeles and Vancouver, British Columbia franchise locations, the new design from California-based JBI Interiors features a number of environmentally-friendly elements including:
- Unique dining room chairs made in the USA from recycled Coca-Cola bottles. Produced by renowned Pennsylvania chair manufacturer Emeco, Inc. in collaboration with Coca-Cola, each Tossed banquette chair is made from 111 20-ounce PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) plastic Coke bottles, comprising 60% of the total material content.
- Stools featuring 99% recycled water and raw materials used in production.
- Paper-based laminates used on table tops, divider walls, paneling and other interior decor surfaces.
- Dining room recycling stations that make it easy for customers to deposit paper, plastics and glass for reuse.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts