DALLAS, April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kimberly-Clark (NYSE: KMB) today announced that Jan Spencer, senior vice president, continuous improvement, sourcing and sustainability, will retire after a 34-year career with Kimberly-Clark. Spencer's retirement is effective, July 1, 2012.
Spencer leaves Kimberly-Clark following a long, distinguished career that saw him serve in a number of senior leadership positions. Most recently, Spencer spearheaded Kimberly-Clark's continuous improvement efforts, which resulted in a number of process enhancements that helped drive improved results in both quality and productivity.
Previously, Spencer led Kimberly-Clark Professional, taking that business unit to over $3 billion in revenues during his tenure. He also headed up the company's European tissue and washroom businesses, the North American workplace business and also served as vice president of research and development.
"Jan has been a transformational change leader at Kimberly-Clark and his influence will be missed across the globe," said Chairman and CEO Thomas A. Falk. "I want to thank him for his outstanding leadership and contributions to the growth and success of Kimberly-Clark."No successor for Spencer has been named at this time. About Kimberly-Clark Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, almost a quarter of the world's population trust K-C's brand and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or 2 share position in more than 80 countries. SOURCE Kimberly-Clark
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV