Contango Oil & Gas Company (NYSE Amex: MCF) announced today that Brad Juneau has joined the Company’s Board of Directors and the Company has entered into an Advisory Agreement with Juneau Exploration, L.P. (“JEX”), whereby JEX will advise Contango’s staff on operational matters including drilling, completions, production and accounting. JEX and its seven employees, including Mr. Juneau, will continue to generate offshore and onshore prospects for the Company.
The Advisory Agreement also changes the variable overhead reimbursement to a fixed amount per month. Instead of a prospect generation fee of $250,000 per prospect generated, Contango will now pay a monthly fee of approximately $167,000.
Kenneth R. Peak, Contango’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “Our decision to restructure our arrangement with JEX was driven by several 'new realities' in our industry:
- Sub $3.00 natural gas has opened up a wide array of both onshore and offshore interesting opportunities.
- Hands-on operations expertise will play a more prominent role in our ability to capture value.
- Our 'turn-key exploration model' for the offshore is changing.
“The soaring increases in natural gas reserves and production as a result of shale plays are having profound effects on our industry, and indeed our nation. Our strong balance sheet and profitability are presenting us with opportunities that require immediate evaluation and understanding across a variety of basins and operating environments. Simultaneously, and paradoxically, the industry-wide move to onshore shale plays has opened up more acreage and less competition in the offshore Gulf of Mexico than at any time in my career.“We believe the offshore Gulf of Mexico is one of the lowest cost exploration basins in the world and it will continue to be the core of our exploration model. The regulatory 'after effects' of the Macondo Spill, however, have altered our ability to outsource, and as a result we will need to grow our operations and accounting staff over the next year. Speaking as Contango’s largest shareholder, I am ecstatic that Brad Juneau will lead the Company through the 'new realities.'”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV