NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors still running into so-called "safe" high-yielding stocks may want to reconsider, says Patrick Gundlach, portfolio manager for the BMO Small-Cap Growth Fund ( MRSCX ). Gundlach says that trade has gotten awfully crowded and there are better values to be had in small-cap names like insurance software provider Ebix (EBIX).
"Their customer base has certainly been getting a lot stronger over the past couple quarters since the financial meltdown, and while Ebix is not a household name, this company has been one of the strongest growth companies over the last decade. It's had strong double digit growth, year in and year out and we think there's a lot of room left for it to run," says Gundlach.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV