NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors still running into so-called "safe" high-yielding stocks may want to reconsider, says Patrick Gundlach, portfolio manager for the BMO Small-Cap Growth Fund ( MRSCX ). Gundlach says that trade has gotten awfully crowded and there are better values to be had in small-cap names like insurance software provider Ebix (EBIX).
"Their customer base has certainly been getting a lot stronger over the past couple quarters since the financial meltdown, and while Ebix is not a household name, this company has been one of the strongest growth companies over the last decade. It's had strong double digit growth, year in and year out and we think there's a lot of room left for it to run," says Gundlach.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV