Summit Hotel Properties (NYSE:INN) (“the Company”) today announced several recent developments.
The Company has entered into agreements to acquire the properties described below. The completion of these acquisitions is anticipated during the second quarter of 2012. These transactions are subject to lender approval and satisfactory completion of due diligence and other customary closing conditions.
- A 112-room Hilton Garden Inn property in Nashville (Smyrna), TN for a purchase price of $12.0 million including planned property improvements. The Company anticipates a post-renovation, estimated NTM capitalization rate in the range of 8 to 9 percent.
- An 83-room Hampton Inn & Suites property in Nashville (Smyrna), TN for a purchase price of $8.5 million including planned property improvements. The Company anticipates a post-renovation, estimated NTM capitalization rate in the range of 9 to 10 percent.
“The opportunity for acquisitions like these continues to be robust,” said Dan Hansen, Company president and CEO. “We continue to build our portfolio with the best brands in the best markets at great cap rates.”Portfolio cultivated through strategic dispositions The long-standing strategy of the Company and its predecessor, Summit Hotel Properties, LLC, has been to continuously cultivate and improve the portfolio through acquisitions as detailed above, as well as strategic dispositions. In keeping with this strategy the Company has entered into contracts to sell four properties. Details on the properties and terms of sale will be disclosed as the transactions reach certainty of closure. “These dispositions go hand in hand with our acquisitions as we are always seeking to improve our portfolio and add value for our investors,” said Hansen. “These sales, if completed, will give us greater flexibility and access to near-term capital without the need to issue additional equity at this time.” Resolution of Arbitration with Choice Hotels An arbitration panel has issued an award in the Company’s dispute with Choice Hotels International, Inc. (“Choice”). In March 2011, Choice terminated the franchise agreements of ten of the Company’s hotels with an additional hotel being terminated in June 2011. On April 4, 2012, an arbitration panel determined, among other things, that Choice improperly terminated the 11 franchise agreements, that Choice is not entitled to recover liquidated damages in connection with the 11 hotels and that the Company did not make any materially false or misleading statements to Choice or omit any material information. The panel awarded the Company damages in amount of $298,090 as full settlement of all claims submitted in the arbitration. Neither the Company nor Choice is entitled to recover attorney’s fees in connection with the matter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV