HOUSTON, April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Main Street Capital Corporation (NYSE: MAIN) ("Main Street") today provided an update of its portfolio investment activity for the first quarter of 2012.
Lower Middle Market Portfolio Investments Update
During the first quarter of 2012, Main Street completed lower middle market ("LMM") portfolio investments totaling $16.5 million, including one previously announced new LMM portfolio company investment totaling $6.8 million and follow on investments in existing LMM portfolio companies totaling $9.7 million.
On an aggregate basis, Main Street received total repayments of debt principal and return of invested equity capital from the exits and repayments discussed below and additional partial repayments of LMM portfolio debt investments during the first quarter of 2012 of $43.6 million.Main Street's significant LMM portfolio activity for the first quarter of 2012 is summarized below: New LMM Portfolio Company Investment
- AmeriTech College Operations, LLC - $6.8 million investment in secured, first lien debt; the company is a private, for-profit college focused on providing healthcare training programs such as nursing, medical assisting, medical billing and coding, surgical technicians and dental assisting.
- Drilling Info, Inc . – full exit of debt investment and partial exit of equity investments; realized gain of $9.2 million on the sale of equity warrant participation and total internal rate of return of 58.3% and 2.6 times money invested on exited investments.
- NTS Holdings, Inc. – full exit of debt and equity investments; realized payment of $2.5 million of accrued paid-in-kind dividends, realized gain of $1.7 million and total internal rate of return of 24.5% and 1.5 times money invested.
- Currie Acquisitions, LLC – full exit of debt and equity investments for the full principal amount of the debt investment and a realized loss of $1.8 million on the equity investment.
- American Sensor Technologies, Inc. – full exit of debt investment for the full principal amount as part of a senior debt refinancing by the portfolio company; Main Street continues to hold its equity warrants in the company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV