The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( Trefis) -- Google (GOOG) has finally begun testing its highly awaited, futuristic technology -- augmented-reality enabled glasses -- which would enable users to view information on a display which sits above the eye.
Google's glasses would be wirelessly connected to the Internet, be powered by the Android platform and enable the user to interact using voice commands and eye gestures by tracking eye movements. It would also offer a camera to record video and capture images, and provide an overlay of data to augment the user's view with additional information.
Although not many details about "Project Glass" have been revealed yet, it could potentially be the default way in which users interact digitally with the physical world around them in the coming years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV