LAS VEGAS, April 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its continuing effort to promote professional development and career advancement among women, MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) today announced it will host the 2012 Women's Leadership Conference on Aug. 14 – 15, 2012 at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, NV. The conference will feature diverse and nationally recognized speakers, accomplished women role models and career coaches, as well as provide a forum for small-group dialogue and individual networking among highly motivated conference attendees.
The Women's Leadership Conference is open to women of all ethnicities, professions and social backgrounds, locally and nationally, and men who support women. The non-profit MGM Resorts Foundation is the conference's presenting sponsor. Proceeds of the conference after costs will be donated to one or more local nonprofit agencies devoted to the welfare and development of women and girls.
"As more and more women ascend to leadership roles nationally and globally, in business, in elected office, in our communities and in all phases of our lives, empowerment of women is a surging phenomenon, now and into our future," said Phyllis A. James, Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer of MGM Resorts International. "Helping to prepare women to better meet the challenges of such roles is an important dimension of our commitment to diversity. We present this conference, a successor to the former Women of Color Conference, as a way to stimulate dialogue and forge effective strategies for the success of women – for the benefit of us all."
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, women are estimated to account for 51.2 percent of the increase in total labor force growth between 2008 and 2018. In 2010, women comprised 46.8 percent of the total U.S. labor force.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV