Wingstop Sales Up 10.5 Percent In First Quarter
RICHARDSON, Texas, April 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wingstop announced today that same store sales for the first quarter are up 10.5 percent over the same quarter last year. The 500+ unit chain has now experienced positive comp sales for more than eight consecutive years.
In addition to double digit comp sales increases, Wingstop signed franchise agreements that will result in 58 new locations in the U.S., a new first quarter record for the company. The development agreements will result in multiple locations in Detroit, Philadelphia, Bethlehem and Allentown, Pa. Lexington, S.C., Metairie, La., Savannah, Ga., Columbia, S.C., Phoenix and Hawaii.
"We are coming off one of our most successful quarters in the company's history," said Jim Flynn, Wingstop president and CEO. "A sales increase into the double digits is a huge milestone for our brand. We credit new partnerships with experienced franchisees, newly implemented social media programs, and an increased focus on local store marketing efforts within our communities."
The company was also recently listed as a Top 10 Facebook growth brand on the Restaurant Social Media Index.To date, Wingstop has opened eight new restaurants this year, and plans to open 17 to 20 locations in the second quarter. The company acknowledges its numerous marketing, operations and social media programs and product launches for the recent sales surge, including:
- Introduction of the Wingstop phone app, now available on the iPhone and Android. Since the launch of the app online sales have risen to 5 percent of overall sales.
- Partnerships with professional and college athletic programs and professional athletes.
- Formation of co-ops in core markets, and increased local store marketing programs in developing markets.
- Introduction of a new mystery shop program, which features a heightened focus on store operations, training and quality service control.
- Launch of Louisiana Rub, which, thanks to its popularity among guests, is now a permanent addition to the Wingstop menu.
- Increased social media presence, including the company's first Twitter campaign, which tripled the number of @Wingstop followers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV