- SILICONWARE PRECISION INDS reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SILICONWARE PRECISION INDS reported lower earnings of $0.26 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.36 versus $0.26).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 25.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 17.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, SPIL has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it is one of the factors that makes this stock an attractive investment.
- The gross profit margin for SILICONWARE PRECISION INDS is rather low; currently it is at 16.00%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 7.50% significantly trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has decreased by 18.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $48.40 million to $39.41 million.
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.