Ventrus Biosciences (VTUS) is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of late-stage prescription drugs for gastrointestinal disorders, specifically hemorrhoids, anal fissures and fecal incontinence. This stock is trading up 1.5% at $10.13 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 120,000Average Volume: 76,941 Volume % Change: 117% From a technical perspective, VTUS is starting to bounce today right off its 50-day moving average of $10.10 with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a major near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once VTUS takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $11.15 to $12 with high volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades if VTUS can sustain a move and close over $11.15 to $12 with volume that's near or well above 76,941 shares. If we get that action today or soon, look for VTUS to make a run at $15 or higher in the near future. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV