InterDigital (IDCC) designs and develops advanced technologies, which enable wireless communications and monetizes such technologies through licensing and other revenue opportunities. This stock is trading up 3.3% at $34.45 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 537,000Average Volume: 1 million Volume % Change: 50% Shares of IDCC are moving notably higher today off the news that AOL (AOL) closed a deal to sell Microsoft over $1 billion in patents From a technical perspective, IDCC is bouncing off of some near-term support at $33.42 with decent volume. That said, IDCC is still trading below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish. Traders should only look for long-biased trades in IDCC if this stock can manage to close near its daily highs today with strong volume. Look for volume that's near or well above 1 million shares. If we get that action, then it's possibly that IDCC could make a run at its 50-day moving average of $37.23 in the near-term. Any long trades should be avoided if IDCC takes out today's low of $34.09 with heavy volume. InterDigital is one of John Paulson's top holdings, as of the most recently reported quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV