Will Retail's Bloom Fade in April?
By Christina Cheddar Berk, News Editor
NEW YORK ( CNBC) -- What's next?
Retailers turned in very solid gains in March, but the big question now is: can the momentum continue?
If you exclude the drug stores, the Thomson Reuters Same-Store Index rose 6.8% in March. That's well above the monthly same-store gains of 3% to 5% recorded throughout 2011."You are seeing the momentum that kicked off in February continue in March," said Adrianne Shapira, a broadlines retail analyst at Goldman Sachs.
| More from CNBC
North Carolina Crafts a New Beer City, USA
Office Etiquette: Mind Your Manners
The New Cubicle Revolution
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV